How to Handle the Competition
One of the hardest parts about playing the dating game is handling competition from other men. After all, there are lots of other guys out there looking to get a girl, and some of them aren’t afraid of messing up your chances to get what they want!
But more than that – there will always be guys out there who have a leg up on you – maybe they’re younger, taller, better looking, richer – it doesn’t matter.
The fact is: You WILL have to face competition!
The fear you’ll face when dealing with competition can be boiled down to two root causes – Insecurity and Jealousy.
When you are insecure, you’re always wondering if some other guy is going to come along and steal your girl.
This often shows up as a combination of feelings that make you worry about losing your girl, and at the same time worrying about not being able to find another one if you DO lose her.
Then, as if things weren’t bad enough, you go out with your girl, and other guys start hitting on her right in front of you.
This triggers MORE insecurity, and then the REAL problem… JEALOUSY.
These emotions take over your mind and body, and can trigger some of the most short-sighted behaviors you’ll ever experience. When you react to these feelings of jealousy and insecurity, you can actually DRIVE AWAY the woman you desire.
Face it – most men are insecure, and every woman out there will tell you they don’t want to be with a jealous freak!
So what’s the answer here? What’s the best thing to do when a guy is making his move on your girl?
1) Realize that there’s nothing to be insecure and jealous about, and that these things only lead to fear and loss.
2) Get your game in shape with women. Get yourself to the point where you can meet women in ANY situation. This way you always know DEEP DOWN that if any woman you’re with ever decides to leave, you can turn around and start meeting new women. This eliminates insecurity.
3) Mentally prepare. Take some time to imagine that you’re in one of these situations, and notice the feelings you have. Go over it in your mind until you can think about it without having any negative emotions triggered.
And if you ever find yourself in a situation where you’re actually dealing with direct competition from another man – like he’s hitting on your girl right in front of you, here’s what you can do…
1) EXPECT IT. If you start dating hot women, other men WILL hit on them, GUARANTEED. It’s part of life. You must expect that it’s going to happen and not be surprised when it does.
2) Learn how to have FUN with it. Most guys have no game at all, and it’s kind of funny to watch and listen to them. I enjoy watching guys try to meet women, because they FAIL miserably in most cases. I like to wait until a guy is finished trying to pick up on the girl I’m with, and then get her to share the details so I can laugh.
3) Suggest that she date the guy who’s hitting on her. One of my favorite things to do is say, “Hey, you guys would make a cute couple! I totally think you should go for him.” Of course, this is all said in a light, fun way.
4) If you suspect that the girl you’re with is actually TRYING to make you jealous, talk to other women. If you actually think that a woman is deliberately trying to make you jealous, you must do some thinking as well. Some women enjoy making men compete over them and you probably don’t want to be with one of these women. They’re a pain. But if you think it’s just a typical situation and the girl is trying to figure out if you “really” like her (because you’ll get jealous if you do), then just turn around and start a conversation with a group of girls, and wait for her to come and find you.
The point I’m making is that you MUST get over that fear, insecurity, and jealousy you experience, and realize that there is nothing to be afraid of.
The only power that other guys will have with your date is the power that you GIVE them… so don’t give them any power by acting like a jealous freak. Keep your power for yourself. The main reason that other guys try to hit on your girl is because they don’t have one themselves. Remember that.
Get Elite Dating Tips Delivered To Your Email
If you enjoy these articles, sign up for the MeetWomen.com Newsletter to recieve tips, tactics, & strategies on meeting and attracting women not published anywhere else!
Thank you for subscribing.
Something went wrong.